Sunday, August 10, 2008

long time

i've been gone for a minute...and i'm slowly trying to make my way back to this thing. you see, a part of me wants to let you in on my life but there's also so much that i'd like to keep to myself. that's why i could never be a celebrity. of course we all want to live in the million dollar mansions and live life to the fullest, but how can you truly know who's around you for the right reasons? when you're broke, those people who hang out with you just like you for being you. that's why i can appreciate living this life. i love myself, love my wife, love my friends and family and i the blessings somehow keep pouring down on me. my best friend is about to be released from the pen and i believe i'm more excited than he is...11 days man...11 days.

it's funny how one mistake can take away everything that you've worked so hard for. and we're all just one mistake away from fucking up everything. ONE MISTAKE...wow. that's some real shit. anyway, i'm thinking some random thoughts right now, so i'll try to put them into a poem so kinda way...remember this is off the top of the dome and raw, so...

we are new to this
and even though
we've made it happen
and been exonerated
from captivity
we are still
behind bars

no good jobs
being thrown this way
no good schools
for miles
and the buses
said my black ass
gotta walk to school
cause gas prices
"ain't no joke"

*chuckles*
i know right...
that's what i said too
cause when it all
falls down
it really does fall
and it seems like
the falling
becomes fucked
and folks freely say
that this is our fault

nah
i don't get down like that
and i can't take the blame
for everything around me
and they still
don't understand the
priviledges that
are being thrown their way
and they still
don't understand the
adversity
i have to overcome
or maybe they
don't
want to
under...stand

maybe they
don't want
to
under
stand

maybe they do
because they stand
for what they believe in
and some kind of way
it always
puts me under

this world
oh god
this world ain't what
i once thought it was
and even though i pray
and still find tears
flowing down
my face from
time to time
and even though i cry
i still find some
good moments
that will put a smile
on my face
and even though i laugh
i still have bills
that have to be paid
and even though my
lights got cut off
i still find
that the sun will
help me prevail
and even though
the sun is hot as hell
its something god created

and the bible
spoke some slang
to me
when it was talking
about the sun because
it said
that
it was all good

gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home