Thursday, June 22, 2006

it's hard being me

but i'm used to all of the burdens that come my way everyday. and what's so funny is they don't come one at a time; nah, could knock those things out in no time, but handling all of these things that are going on in my life have taught me how to manage and how to not let life in general stop because of something that i can't control. nope. life's too short for that. i'm enjoying what God's given me right now. and i don't have everything, but something is enough. in the words of my favorite rapper- I'M STRAIGHT! and if you don't know who my favorite rapper is why the hell are you reading my blog? then again, visitors are welcome. gotta start charging for this shit. nothing in life is free... which makes me think, my damn a/c doesn't work. i swear i hear a beep when i open my car door- you know the one the microwave makes when the food is heated like you want it? yup, sun is cooking my ass. lil' something i wrote:

who the hell are they?

they say if you kill the head
then the body will follow
said if it's hard to cope with
won't be able to swallow
or eat
or sleep
or understand any deep
thoughts
but who the hell are they?

they say if you stay quiet
and bypass the riot
calmness will head your way
and you can dismiss the tired
hoes
clothes
fake friends
and foes
but who the hell are they?

they say since you're black you won't make it
shut the hell up and take it
dripping poor in the ghetto
you ain't rich
so why you tryna fake it?
with the expensive cars
and rims
and $100 tims
hating on me
but you've lost your identity
listening to what everybody else says.
and again
who the hell are they?

listen to your own mental
it doesn't have to make sense to
others who can't relate
don't discriminate
against anyone else
but most importantly not against yourself
and stop listening to those voices
and letting them make YOUR choices
because a man defines himself
and nobody else
listen to yourself
not to what others say by far
because you still don't know
who the hell THEY are.

love. yourself. first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home