Wednesday, April 19, 2006

now keep in mind that i'm an artist...

...and i'm sensitive about my shit. wrote this for the cousin. starting to piss me off about this money situation.

because of you

you're second
to myself
and everyone else

because previous times
have given me a lesson
that i finally embraced
and kissed
because my life was saved

you didn't feel the same way
or find your obligations
to be parallel
to those of mine.
left on the railroad
with ropes around my body
and straw hanging
out of my mouth

because you were before me,
part of my #1 priority-
the driving force
of what i had.
even put my id
in the backseat
without any restraints
or anything to protect it,
causing so much hurt and pain

trials
and
tribulations
that will never emerge again
thank you
for chewing up my
generous personality
and swallowing all of the sugar
and throwing it on the ground
without the aluminum wrapper
from which it was originally removed

because those times
gave me a lesson
that i finally embraced
and kissed
because my life was saved

and today
others must suffer
because of the knife
that you have left
etched in my heart
pulling what we once had.
totally apart-
two magnets pushed together;
that's my attitude
toward you
and you made it that way
because i don't want
to be close
to you
or anyone who associates
with someone
who takes advantage of others
close to those who are
insensitive
to other people's needs
loading freely
without any guilt
or shame
or sorrow
FREE LOADER
but i don't hate you.
i love you still

because you
gave me a lesson
that i finally embraced
and kissed
and my life has been saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home