Wednesday, February 01, 2006

sick-ness

i'm feeling really bad today. like somebody took a bat and went upside my head and left me to deal with the headache. bought me some medicine, but i'm trying not to overdose, so i've been keeping track of those "every four hours" they tell you about on the packet. the headache's not so bad though because people always make my head hurt when i listen to their foolish antics, but my throat is killing me. it's like something is stuck down in my esophagus somewhere, but i got something for that when i get home. some alcoholic remedies my dad passed along to me. it'll be all good.

pops is supposed to change my oil today. i wore my good clothes so i wouldn't have to do much. i told him i was sick so you'd think this nigga would let me sick back and relax, but not my dad. he'll probably have some extra pants and shirt or some shit for me when i get down to his place. he's figured me out pretty well. i love that guy. my inspiration. that's why i have so much respect for my younger brothers. they lost their dad last year and they've managed to keep themselves together. i don't know how i would react to that type of situation because my dad and i are so close. i would say that we are closer than me and my mom are, and people say that's unusual all of the time but i'm supposed to model myself after a good man, not a good woman- right? lol. then again, i guess i take some qualities from both of them.

i'm a pretty sensitive guy when it comes to my personal relationships. i don't have a problem crying or expressing how i feel. i know for a fact that i inherited this characteristic from my mom. she's outspoken and will tell you how she feels in the blink of an eye. now my dad is a more complicated guy. when he's angry, he won't say anything and he likes to be by himself sometimes to get things in his life in order. i do this also, and i think that the combination of my inheritances make me a complex person. i'm not that hard to understand though. i'm just me. that's all to it. i'm not a thug, i'm not a damn rapper, and i'm not stupid. i dress the way i do because i'm grown and i buy my own shit, i write poetry because i like it, and yes i do love rap music, and i love reading and all that other type of stuff. maybe i'm different. maybe not. you be the judge.

one luv
gkg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I've been reading your blog quietly for a while now, and I finally had to say something. The last few lines of this post sound like the first few lines of an amazing book, a book I would love to read.

I lived in Fort Valley from the time I was little, up through high school (my dad taught at the college, but he's retired now), so it's interesting to read what it's like for somebody else to live there. There is so much bigotry and small-mindedness in that place and I'm so, so glad to see somebody rise above all that. I don't know you, but I have a feeling you are going to be just fine.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home