Thursday, January 12, 2006

refund and exchange

anonymous numbers calling me
driving me to insanity
wondering how i can explain my situation
because i know they won't understand
"we just need your black ass to pay us"
not worried about your other bills
not worried about your job cutting hours
hell, not really worried about you

so when can we expect payment?
bitch, stop calling me!
i'll call you
and then you and my voicemail
won't have to become best friends
because you're already aggravating to me
and i'm sure she feels the same way,
having to play-back
and tell me what you wanted to say today

yessir i know that it's past due
and i know that too
and i can't make arrangements
and i can't do that either
no i don't have forty dollars in my checking account
yes, i'm broke
and yeah you may think it's irresponsible
and no i'm not ashamed
and no i don't feel bad
and no i'm not worried
so why are you?
is this your money we're talking about?
lol- you're silly
and i really have to go
got more important shit to do
than to sit here and talk to you

anticipating a big check
not so i can blow it
but so i can pay niggas to stop bothering me
pay niggas to stop being anonymous
(no number, withheld)
like i'm gonna really answer you
take that shit to trial bitch
i already let you know what was up
so what, you don't believe me?
it's all good though
no, really, i understand
but it seems like you don't
you lower your got damn tone

click

stop calling my damn phone!

1 Comments:

Blogger nrTHEbyrom said...

amazing how a day's worth of happenings can create something so poignant. black poets are the mouthpieces of the Creator. excellent greggy.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home