Wednesday, January 11, 2006

be easy

22 and a vet in the game.
i'm supercool, but still a threat at the same
time.
-T.I.

when i was younger, my dad would always call me and say, "what did you learn today?" the first time he asked me this, my response was, "nothing." he then replied by saying, "if you don't learn something every day, then that day is not worth living." from that day on, i made it my mission to learn something everyday so i would have something to tell my dad when he called.

i can sit here now and honestly say that since i was four years old, i can remember learning something new every single day. at the age of 22, it has all began to come back to me. i'm remembering all of the things that i went through when i was younger and the hard lessons that i learned. some of those things i learned the hard way. my mom didn't believe in a time-out (no offense to those of you who do) but carol believed in tearing some ass up. my mom and dad made me strive for the best. i used to think that they were pushing me too hard, trying to get me to accomplish the impossible. now i am grateful for the both of them and how much they truly cared about me getting an education.

i look at where i am today and tears come to my eyes. i'm not only living my own life, but my parents are living through me as well. my dad still takes pictures to work to show his co-workers. it's funny because he always tells me that the women say, "damn he looks just like you, except he's cuter." *smile* it's funny to me even today.

i put the quote by one of my favorite rappers, T.I. at the beginning of this post because that's the way i feel right now. it's true in ever sense. i am twenty two years of age and i already believe that i'm a vet in this game called life because i've learned so much and i've been able to help so many others. that's not arrogance, that's the truth. i'm supercool, but still a threat at the same time summarizes my personality as well. i'm the easiest person to talk to. you can ask any of my friends, but when somebody crosses me it's like all hell breaks loose. i can be the biggest asshole on the face of this earth, but knowing that and being able to acknowledge that fact keeps me from drifting into the world of assholedom (i made that shit up. don't try to find it in webster).

i feel like i'm on top of the world right now. take a walk with me. we don't have to ever stop, and i don't plan on stopping anytime soon. there's too much i haven't seen yet, and i invite all of you to join me as i experience something new each and every day.

one love
gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home