Tuesday, January 17, 2006

simplicity

i came across my journal from 2003 and this poem that i read just continued to stick out in my head. it's called, "simplicity." i hope you enjoy it but if not...( )

inspired by: the things in life that should be so simple, but aren't, the things i often have to struggle to achieve.

nothing in life comes easy
and that shit is true,
but what am i to do
when i just get stuck?
should i just not give a fuck
or try to battle it out?
should i laugh or cry
hoping that it's a lie
that i can just erase?
they say life is strange
and it's all about change
and how you deal with it.
why are things so complex
happiness is as hard to find
as some good sex
on a lonely night.
but it'll be alright
because i'll keep my head up
and just not give a fuck
about what others think.
as long as i'm proud of me
then i'll truly be
everything and anything that i want.
simplicity doesn't exist
that's just some bullshit
that some rich guy says.
but i'm definitely not rich
and my life's a bitch
but it could always be worse.
that's why i settle for this,
close my eyes and dream
and forget all the bullshit.

simplicity doesn't exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home