Sunday, December 25, 2005

unwrapping another year

i'm sitting here counting down the days until the new year, and the days aren't going by fast enough for me. this has been a good year for me, but i'm also ready for it to be over. ready for a new start. ready to get my shit together. i'm not making new year's resolutions because they always turn out to be a bunch of lies that nobody ever keeps. i do plan to pay off all of my credit card bills and get everything caught up. once i do that, i'll be good to go. i'm tired of these bastards calling my cell phone asking, "may i speak to greg? what's up man?" you know, talking to me like they know me. that's some funny shit! i'm like, "nigga if you know me, let your boy hold something until i get on my feet!" they're a trip i tell you.

but with 2005 winding down, i can only anticipate what a new year will bring. god have mercy on my soul. i know there will be so many good times and so many bad times, but as long as i'm granted another day how can i complain? i keep getting these blessings that i know i don't deserve, but i just accept them and continue to search for my purpose. there are still so many things i plan on accomplishing and haven't accomplished yet so i'm looking forward to doing so.

i'm grown now. and i think other people need to realize that they're grown too. there's a time and a place for everything. a time for work, a time for play, a time to blaze up a good one, a time to get on that Paul, but it's all about balancing everything out and still being able to come out on top of the game.

life is a gift. another part of it is about to be unwrapped in a few days. do you think you'll like what you receive? i hope so. much love.

gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home