Wednesday, December 07, 2005

dilemma

he tried to bring me down
but i never frowned
i just smiled
because i knew all the while
that it would make him mad.
people looked on in awe
like my actions were bad
but honestly
all of them can kiss my cheek
or should i say ass?
so he made a comment
and went on with what he was saying
but i really don't think
he knew who he was playing,
or should i say fucking with
cause i really don't play that shit
will twist things around smoothly
and make you feel like a limp dick-
soft,
in need of determination
knocked down and unable to get up
now what's your motivation?

see i try to be a good guy
but it would be a damn lie
if i told you i didn't cry
hurt or seek revenge,
lost a couple of my friends
and never tried to make amends,
cause i didn't need fake people in my life.
they say i'm a rebel
because i go against the rules sometimes
but honestly that keeps me from losing my mind
most of the time

damn

had to take a moment
but i'll get back to my story
paused for the cause
because that shit was mandatory
like the rent-
that's due on the 1st of the month
a nigga always dress nice
but it's just a big front
or put-on,
whatever phrase says it best.
but I look out for self 1st
and then family comes next

not accepted by my kind
cause my skin's too light,
not accepted by the others
cause my skin's not white.
so i guess it's kind of hard
but i'll pull through-
rising to the top
with or without you.
i stand up to ignorance
and seek knowledge with my mental
can make a nigga feel small
with the stroke of my pencil
used to smoke,
still drink,
but you'd never know
unless i told you so-
unless i wanted you to know.

don't like people all up on me
and yeah sometimes friends are phony,
cause some people that are my enemies now
i used to call my homies-
but back to the dude
i was talking about at first
he thought what he said was a gift
but now that shit is a curse
not trying to threaten anyone
cause i don't practice voodoo,
yeah there's a nigga inside me
but there's a nigga inside of you too.
he had blue eyes
and told nothing but lies
adopted a little girl that was my color
so he thinks we have family ties

BOY STOP

you could never survive what I've been through
would kill yourself easily
if you had to take a walk in my shoes
so i'll push your power off
like a city that was hooked up at the circuit
cause the more i think about it-
man, you ain't even worth it

1 Comments:

Blogger nrTHEbyrom said...

DAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!. I love this shit greg. any insight to who it's about and what they said??? you know i need to know these things.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home