Monday, November 28, 2005

reflections of life

i sitting here thinking about some real stuff that has been going on in my life. it seems like the days just keep on passing by and i'm constantly trying to catch up sometimes. life really is short; shorter than we realize sometimes. so many people around me keep dying. people that i've went to school with have passed away, family members that were really close to me, schoolmates of my other friends- it's crazy, but it's a part of life. who knows when their time really is? who would want to know when their last day living was anyway?

but i just turned 22 this month and i can remember my childhood days like they were yesterday. man those were the good old days. high school was one the best times of my life, yet kids nowadays don't like going to school. what's the world coming to? my friends and i were actively involved in school activities and we even took it upon ourselves to put together a black history program which continued even after we graduated. it's about making an impact, and students fail to realize that.

now that i've come to my last year in college, i've also realized it was another phase of my life that made me a better person. i've met so many wonderful friends and people that i know will go on and do something wonderful in life and made lifelong relationships with so many others. college opened my eyes and i'm sure that as the years go by i'll just become wiser and wiser. others went off into the military, got married, had kids, and i'm sure that's in my plan within the next couple of years (if not before then).

but life has so many surprise in store for me everyday. it's really a blessing and i appreciate every day that i'm given. that's why i'm always grateful and i try to keep a smile on my face and encourage others to be happy. we can't stress over shit that we can't change because life is too short. of course, there are many people that owe me an apology, and i'm sure that there are people that expect the same from me, but i don't go to sleep worrying about how i was mistreated months or years ago by someone because that causes undo stress for me and i'm sure they don't go to sleep worrying about how they treated me. what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. life is too short- live it to the fullest each and every day.


don't let devils in your heaven

peace and love
gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home