Wednesday, November 09, 2005

a testimony

so today marks my 22nd year here on earth, and honestly it's been just another day. i have taken the time to think back on all the things that i did in elementary, middle, and high school, and i can honestly say that i have come a long way. it's been a long journey too, full of hard work and determination. sometimes i didn't even think that i would even make it this far. i've hated my step-dad, loved my step- dad and lost my step-dad to cancer. i've gained so many friends, lost so many friends, and i'm sure that this pattern will continue for the rest of my life. besides, what's life without a little change every now and then?

i'm remembering all the good times that i had in high school, and the fear i had when i walked onto the campus of fvsu for the first time. all of those years in high school, i had been surrounded by people that were from my same neighborhood, people that i grew up with, people that i considered my "play cousins." when i got to college, it was like starting all over again and i was thinking to myself, "oh no, not this again." to my surprise, college has turned out to be one of the greatest experiences of my life. i have learned so many things about myself, and others, and i have also had the pleasure of meeting many famous people: Cornell West, Sistah Souljah, Dick Gregory, Spike Lee, Nikki Giovanni, and a host of others. college has really changed my life in a good way.

so as i sit here and look back on the "good old times" that i've spent here in fort valley, i can only wonder what the future has in store for me. my brothers have gotten taller than me, some shit that really blows my mind, and i'm actually about to graduate from college and enter the real world, where the decisions that i make have a tremendous impact on my life and all of those around me. i'm faced with decisions that could possibly make or break me, and i'm learning everyday how to expand my horizons and become a better person.

twenty- one was a good year for me. i've done a lot of things and seen a lot of places, but i'm sure that it only gets better. god only knows what the future holds for me. the only thing that i can do is take it a day at a time and fulfill my destiny.

1 luv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home