Monday, November 07, 2005

on the subway

so me and my roommate went to subway to eat dinner because we were tired of chicken and that's the only damn thing in the refrigerator until we get some food money tomorrow (if you know what i mean). my friend, whom i shall call "Diva," works there and it was really good seeing her because i haven't really had a chance to talk to or see her in a while. well "Diva" was the only one working and the line seems like it was never-ending so my roommate and i sat down to talk a while and let the line shorten up a bit. this older lady, who appeared to be about 50 or so, was in front of us. their special of the day was the ham and turkey sandwich, but the lady wanted a turkey sandwich (minus the ham). "Diva" went on to explain that in order for her to get the turkey sandwich, she had to ring her up for the turkey price, which was like a dollor more. so of course you know the lady went off and wanted to go on and on about how the special was so fucking dumb and blah blah blah. i'm thinking to myself, "bitch (because that's what the was acting like) why don't you just get the ham and turkey special and take the ham off before you eat it dumb ass! but she just really wanted to make a scene.

why do people do that. i used to work in fast food and i found myself holding my tongue a lot. they don't pay you enough to put up with all the bullshit that people try to put you through everyday. i did learn a nice slogan while working in fast food though: "I don't make the rules, i just work here." and that shit even works for me now at my new job.

but the point is, let's stop being assholes and just try to get through the day without causing a scene or giving people a hard time. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! lol.

peace and love
gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home