Wednesday, September 27, 2006

reality (excerpt from a sent e-mail)

this is an e-mail i sent one of my friends earlier this week. i read it again and thought that i should share them and invite you into the life of gkg.

i've been thinking a lot about life lately, and i don't know why. maybe it's because i'm searching through the atlanta area trying to find out where i fit in, or maybe it's because everything around me is becoming extremely monotonous; but whatever the case may be, i'm trying to re-invent myself and go forward. for so long i've thought i was afraid of failure; but lately i've been thinking, "maybe i'm afraid of success." how could this be? you would think that i would want to take advantage of everything that life has to offer, and for the most part i have; but when does one realize that they're heading in the right direction? when does one know that he or she is fulfilling the destiny that has been set forth? sometimes i feel out of place up here, and other times it's total bliss. how do i balance the two? as each day goes by, i realize that although college provided me with a thick skin, it also softened me and made me comfortable with my own surroundings. in a sense, it sucked me in from the real world and protected me when what i really needed it to do was to chew me up, get all the sugar out of me and spit me back out into the real world. honestly, i don't know where i'll end up, but one thing is for sure- i WILL be successful in whatever i do; and i've been escaping everything through writing lately. i'm trying to find out what my destiny is. maybe it's too early to decipher right now. maybe not. whatever the case, i'm just taking it one day at a time.

L.O.V.E

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people are afraid of success (I am one of them) because with success comes change, which is a scary thing (you can't be successful if you're doing the same thing over and over again). Every now and then when I think about the changes God has in store for me, the devil puts a bug in my ear that I won't be able to do it so I might as well stay where I am... but then I think about how frustrated I am with my situation and start to daydream AGAIN about *changing* my situation to become more successful, which causes me to get scared again.... it's a constant cycle, but with God my fear is smaller than my frustration....

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home