Thursday, March 02, 2006

hanging by the strings

tell me why i almost lost my job today? and what's so bad about it is that i was working hella hard, trying to make everything go good for everybody else because i was already having a good day.

the scenario: i walk over to the tobacco center to assist in pulling orders. the general manager, janitor, team leader, and another person are already over there. i am trying to see where the orders start so i can start where they left off. the next customer, a indian or arab (one of those patels if you know anything about that family name) says she was next. she gives me a list with some scritch scratch one there that looks like her damn dog wrote it and goes, "you need to get this so i can go. don't have a lot of time." i just shook my head and went into the cigarette cage to decipher these hieroglyphics she just handed me. i found all of them except for the marlboro ultra lights. this hoe told me that she wanted the soft pack but we only had them in the box. i told her this and this bitch had the nerve to say, "i've got them here before and i know that ya'll have them so you need to go get them. go!" my response (while my manager is standing beside me): hold on, you are not going to talk to me any kind of way because first of all you don't know me and i'm over here trying to help you! so i suggest you calm your nerves before we have a bad situation over here ma'am!" so i walked back to the back to get myself together and my manager came back there and rubbed my shoulder. he said, "don't let these people get to you greg. they don't understand what we go through." so i gave him the list and let him deal with her because i was about to need a get out of jail free card.

needless to say, i was pissed for the next hour or so, and my team leader was cracking up, telling everybody how i was about to cut the strings and let the dogs out on her ass. they made me laugh though and cheered me up. feels good to have good people around.

i took a nice, hot bath to calm my nerves and bring it all back in focus. washed those clothes that i had lying around all week and put on my anthony hamilton cd. pass me over- "if you catch me dreaming, please don't wake me till i'm done just leave me sleeping till the morning comes." tomorrow awaits me. gonna be a good day. my love for myself, my love for others won't allow it to be any other way- but i will put a fucker back in line- maintain your lane got dammit! :0)

deuces.
gkg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home