Tuesday, October 18, 2005

N.I.G.G.A

Never Ignorant about Getting Goals Accomplished


N.I.G.G.A at school...

...sometimes i feel like there is a lot of pressure on me. i am the first one to go to college in my family, which makes me a role model, not only for my two younger brothers, but for a host of cousins, nieces, nephews,etc. i'm not the first one to attempt this college thing. my cousin tried it, but didn't finish. my aunt tried it, and didn't finish. hell, at one point i thought i wouldn't finish! but for once in my life i made a decision to do something that i really loved- i changed my major from mathematics to english, and that was probably one of the best decisions i ever made in my life. i was afraid to tell my dad at first because he wanted me to be an engineer so badly, but to my surprise he was supportive of my decision and told me to pursue my dreams! i was ecstatic and every since then, i have been working hard to make sure that i do everything i can at fort valley state university to be a success, not a failure.



N.I.G.G.A at work...

...you can ask any of my friends and they will tell you that i really like my job. sometimes i think i should be on their promotions team or maybe even in a commercial because i am constantly telling them to get things from sam's club! i have to admit, members have a tendency to get under my skin sometimes, but that comes with the job right? WRONG!! it's okay to me- as long as i can curse ignorant mofos out under my breath and thank them with a smile in the end, my day is satisfactory! i refuse to let these people bring me out of my calm state- why bother? some of them think that because i'm a young, black man that i have a short temper. well, they're right about that part, but i have something that you call self-control. this has gotten me a long way and i'm sure it will take me even higher in years to come! (now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to make a career out of this shit!).



N.I.G.G.A at home...

...i don't want to brag or anything, but i have to admit that i am proud of what i have. unlike most 21 year olds in my predicament, i have my own car, my own place to stay, i pay my own bills (with a little help from dad every now and then), and i have been able to hold down my relationship with my girlfriend for almost two years! sounds like a lot, but i've been able to manage! i try to be a good example for others around me. the pressure gets to me sometimes, but i eventually overcome it. what would life be without a couple of challenges-right? we just have to learn to live with what we have and make the most out of it. that's what i do, and that's what i will continue to do as long as i live!

PEACE & LOVE

1 Comments:

Blogger nrTHEbyrom said...

greg i think you're a cool ass n.i.g.g.a. and that's coming from a hard ass n.i.g.g.a. bitch. plus i loves me some sam's club. but they wouldn't hire me for shit so hold it down!!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home