Tuesday, October 11, 2005

angry



okay my people, i have to let you in on the ongoing drama in my life. lol. on monday, i was sitting in my class not really paying attention, but writing poems and doing shit that would really keep my attention- ANYTHING TO KEEP ME FROM FALLING ASLEEP! my teacher, who shall remain nameless, started talking about kanye west and how he didn't like the "jesus walks" video and blah blah blah. a friend of mine, nikki, looked at me and said something about "angry nigger music," which was funny at the time, but it made me think about some things in life.

many times i find myself angry and upset over some shit that i can't control. i get mad and curse and scream and shout, but nothing has changed after that. i've just gotten my blood pressure up and wasted a bunch of energy that i should have saved for another time. however, i was inspired to compose a work of art after joking about the "angry nigger music." that's how i am though. i always try to bring something positive out of the negative! please let me know what you think about this piece.......


i'm angry because
my great-grandmother remembers being treated like shit.
because some ignorant man called my mom a bitch.
because niggas call me a snitch
when i try to do the right thing.

i'm angry because
life makes you that way.
because each and every day
people have something to say
about the shit that i do.

i'm angry because
i have a right to be.
because if you were me
you'd go insane quite frequently
from all the things that were going on.

I'm angry because
of this money i had to borrow.
because i'll be happy tomorrow
and forget all the sorrow
that i went through today.

2 Comments:

Blogger nrTHEbyrom said...

glad i could help. that shit is nice.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM REALLY FEELING THIS ONE GREG!!

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE NEXT BLOB

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home